Who Are You?
We are a diverse group of members of the community who are seriously concerned about the controversial issue of Child* Sexual Abuse perpetrated within the congregations of Jehovah’s Witnesses throughout New Zealand. Our modest number of members comprise former Jehovah’s Witnesses, survivors of abuse and their families and whanau, and individuals who understand the extraordinary impact that high-control religions and organisations can have on a person’s life.
(*including vulnerable adults)
What is your objective?
Because there are several layers to this problem, our mission is multi-faceted however, it is primarily aimed at exposing the following:
- The injustice experienced by victims of abuse perpetrated by Jehovah’s Witnesses
- The deceitful concealment of abuse crimes by Jehovah’s Witnesses
- The cover-up of the identities of the perpetrators by Jehovah’s Witnesses
- The refusal to report abuse crimes to the authorities by Jehovah’s Witnesses
- To influence changes that demand accountability of Jehovah’s Witnesses in New Zealand, in regard to their future handling of Child Sexual Abuse cases.
Where are you based?
Predominantly, we are located in various places around New Zealand, with some added support coming from understanding well-wishers based in Australia, United States, U.K. and beyond.